Tuesday 3 May 2011

Contents

When it came to the contents page, i wanted to do something completely different to what other magazines are doing; I looked at examples which were taken from Kerrang! And Metal Hammer. I got my idea for the contents page from the magazine Rock Sound.  I wanted to use one main image of the model that was in the feature article. Using a black square which would cut out some of the picture, I could then add text onto that square. Smaller images could be used around the other image. These would link into other stories that are part of the layout.

I found creating the contents to be the most time consuming part of the project. I wanted to make sure I got it perfect. I used the same colour scheme throughout (black, red and white)  The image took up most of the page, this would create a different style of contents compared to that of Metal Hammer or Kerrang!

No comments:

Post a Comment